Want to get your coin listed on coinmarketcap.com? Well this is the article for you, as today I’ll show you how to do just that.
We’ve lots of other resources and how to guides for cryptocurrency makers, helping you become better with marketing and raise your market cap and supporter base. So be sure to check out the rest of this website once you’ve finished this article, and join our newsletter.
What Are The Criteria For Having Your Coin Listed On CoinMarketCap.com (CMC)? Can Anyone Get On?
Now the thing is, just because you have a coin made, that doesn’t mean you’ll definitely get listed on Coin Market Cap. The truth is that anyone can make a coin these days. And if CMC accepted every token that was submitted to them, there would be multiple coins which serve no real benefit to the website’s users. If they started doing that, the quality of the site would go down. Which is why they likely won’t ever be doing that.
So if you want to get listed on there, there are a few criteria which you need to meet first. Those criteria are:
1. It Must Be A Real Cryptocurrency
First of all, the product you are submitting needs to be a cryptocurrency, or alternatively a crypto token. Submit anything other than this and it will not be processed or listed.
2. You’ll Need To Have Your Token Listed On At Least One Public Exchange
To ensure that you have a coin which can be traded, you need to be listed on at least one public exchange that is easily verifiable. In addition to that, the exchange needs have an API where Coin Market Cap can get not only all of your trading volume for the last 24 hours, but also the last price your coin was traded at.
3. There Needs To Be Some Trading Volume On Your Coin To Determine Price
As they need to list the current price of your token, there will have to have been some trading activity. The price of your token cannot simply be given to CMC without the details showing up on an exchange.
4. The Circulating Supply Number For Your Crypto Currency Needs To Be Stated
Using the circulating supply numbers, Coin Market Cap will be able to give your cryptocurrency an accurate ranking compared to the other tokens listed on their website.
How To Get Your Cryptocurrency On CoinMarketCap
Match all of those criteria? Then here’s how to get your currency listed on coinmarketcap.com. Just make sure you’re submitting a good coin:
- Go to this form here.
- Let them know you want to add a cryptocurrency.
- Let them know if your coin is on any of the exchanges they already support.
- Let them know if your coin has their minimum amount of day trading in USD. At the time of writing this, you’ll need to be doing at least $50,000 daily.
- Submit your cryptocurrency name, the ticker symbol, logo, website, announcement thread, a list of exchanges it’s on, a URL showing the total supply of coins (this must be in real time), details on how many of your coins are held by whom, your social channels, your source code repository, details of if your coin is minable, and any other relevant details which will help with your listing.
- Submit your email address so they can contact you if needed.
- And… that’s it! 🙂
So that’s how you get your coin on Coin Market Cap. Questions? Leave a comment below. And remember, we here at Breaking Down Crypto are your number one resource for getting your coin the recognition it deserves!